New Fat melting injection called ATX-101.. Will this be the future of nose jobs ?

New Fat melting injection called ATX-101.. Will this be the future of nose jobs ? Also what other technics willing me coming out for future advancements for nose jobs in the future . Less pain more accurate results & better nose jobs ...

Kybella to treat the double chin

Kybella is only FDA approved to treat the submental region, or the double chin. Further research will be ongoing to see other regions of the body for its potential use. Rhinoplasty, or a nosejob, is typically a surgical issue, although can occasionally be treated with fillers in select cases. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uses for Kybella

I am at the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons meeting in Montreal right now and just had a long discussion with the Kybella people. They will reveal the costs in 2 months but it will be comparable to the cost of chin liposuction. They do not have FDA approval or studies for use anywhere else on the face. It will be widely available in July or August. Can't wait!

With the very little fat in the nose, I don't see a use for Kybella in the nose.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

KYBELLA Destroys Fat Under Chins

Aesthetic nasal correction  are more traditionally  surgical interventions, although  some available  fillers can make improvements to contouring.
Kybella is FDA -approved for submental chin fat destruction only at this time. The safety and effectiveness of its use on other parts of the body have not been studied.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Kybella is FDA approved for reduction of submental fat under the chin.

Kybella is FDA approved for reduction of submental fat under the chin. While in the future it may be able to treat other parts of the body, the nose will not likely be one of them. The nose is mostly made of cartilage and bone, not fat. For now, “non-surgical nose jobs” can be done with fillers to temporarily change the shape of the nose, and anything more dramatic will require surgical intervention.

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Destroying Fat with Kybella

Most cosmetic nasal corrections are typically surgical  interventions, although  occasionally fillers can make improvements in some cases.

Kybella is FDA- approved as a  non-surgical injection treatment  for improving the appearance of moderate to severe submental fullness, commonly referred to as double chin.

#Kybellafatdestruction   #fatdestructioninjectables    #treatingchinfat

Alternative Non-Surgical Treatments like KYBELLA

Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, which is something naturally produced in our own body. Deoxycholic acid produced in the body helps absorb fat cells. Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.  This makes it a perfect non-surgical option to Liposuction
As with Kybella, other non-surgical options for shaping noses - such as fillers- are options to surgery.

#Kybellafatdestruction   #Kybellachinfat    #Kybellavsliposuction

#KybellaNoseJob ?

Dear Access19:

I love it when patients think ahead of the game (one of the reasons I love teaching, my students and residents keep me on my toes for sure)!

The structures that need to be modified in a nose job are cartilage and bone, neither of which are affected at all by deoxycholic acid, the active ingredient of what is now known as #Kybella. Less importantly, the current diffusion characteristics of ATX-101 are such that one would not be able to limit it to relevant areas of fat small enough to sculpt the nose even if fat were the target tissue.

Thanks for your question!

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella, also known as ATX-101

Kybella is used for dissolving (melting) fat cells in targeted areas of the body.  It is currently approved for fat beneath the chin, also known as submental fat.  I don't foresee Kybella being approved for use in the nose for rhinoplasty procedures.  Typically in a rhinoplasty the surgeon shapes cartilage and bone in a very precise manner to help achieve the desired results, injecting Kybella would not have the same type of effect and degree of precision.  Thanks for the question. 

Fat Melting and Kybella

Allergan is currently testing new uses for Kybella so in the future we may see other areas injected with Kybella.  However, it is only FDA approved now for injecting the fat under the chin.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella's use in the nose

Kybella is not used for fat reduction in the nose.  It likely will not be used as it can cause skin ulceration if used to closely to the skin.  Injectable fillers have been used to reshape the nose and "camouflage" some of the troubled areas.

Grant Stevens, MD