How much does Adam's apple reduction cost?

Iam a Male and I have an abnormal Adan's apple and I want to have surgery to have it reduced just because it to too big. Nothing more, I just want to know the about cost the procedure would be to have my abnormal Adam's apple shaved down to normal sizing, it's just a personal problem.

Tracheal Shave Cost

Thanks for your question. Cost will depend on your region of the country and your surgeon. 

However, in our Austin, TX practice, the cost is typically around 4,000-5,000. This procedure is also commonly combined with other facial feminization surgeries so the cost can be reduced by combining other surgeries during one anesthetic. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Tracheal Shave Adam's Apple Reduction

Reduction of the thyroid cartilage, or tracheal shave, is a procedure commonly performed at my practice. The surgery involves a small incision in the neck, about 1CM, and we do not use any drains.  It is performed at a licensed out patient surgery center center.  The cost for the procedure at my practice including the surgery, anesthesia, and operating room is a total of $6450. Hope this helps!Dr. Sajan

Javad Sajan, MD

Adam's apple reduction

The cost of this surgery depends partly on the type of anesthesia you choose, and on your age.  Generally between $3000-$4000. In a young man, the cartilage is often soft and easier to remove, meaning the anesthesia cost may go down.  In older patients the cartilage starts to turn into bone, making the procedure more difficult and requiring deeper anesthesia.A full evaluation in the office will help us discuss your goals and expectations and give an accurate answer on pricing.Best of luckDr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tracheal shave

In the average case, we charge $3000 -$3500 depending on the type of anesthesia chosen. It may or may not completely eliminate it but without photos/exam it is impossible to say.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Adam's Apple Reduction Cost

Thank you for your question about Adam's Apple Reduction. Pictures would be helpful

In general, yes, Adam's Apple Reduction is possible. Realself provided data for the average cost of this procedure and others in your geographic area.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Adam's apple reduction cost

Hello.  Than you for your question.  The average price for an Adam's apple reduction procedure is about $4,300.  We wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,
Dr, Fernau and his staff

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon