How much does it cost to have my Adams apple removed?

Adam's apple reduction

Hello, thanks for your question. The Adam's Apple cartilage can be shaved down to be less prominent. This typically costs between 3,000 to 5,000 depending on your location. Just ensure that you go to someone experienced in this procedure. 

All the best!

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Austin Physician

Adams apple

To clarify, the adam's apple can not be removed.  It can be shaved down so that visual appearance is not as prominent.  This procedure can range from $3,000-$5,000 depending on the area of U.S. you have this done.  Every office is different with their pricing.  Our office is experienced in handling out of state patients, we are more than happy to help answer any other questions you may have.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Adam's apple reduction

Firstly, the Adams apple cannot be removed, just shaved down which is why it is also known as “tracheal shaving”. This procedure is done by making a small incision and shaving the thyroid cartilage down to give a smoother, more feminine appearance and will result in minimal scarring. The cost varies on location and surgeon but I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for this procedure is around $4,000- $5,000. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done and exact estimate written up. Best of luck in your endeavors!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Adams Apple

It cannot be removed, it is reduced. By how much depends on the anatomy at the start. Prices vary widely from region to region and between surgeons. My package fee is $3000.00. This includes my fee, anesthesia, operating room, labs and all visits/consultations.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD