Microdermabrasion did this? (Photo)

Went in for a microdermabasion session yesterday. My usual esthetician wasn't there so i had to get it done by a rookie. She was probably doing it wrong as it hurt. I had to ask her to stop midsession. Woke up with skin looking like this today. Skin never reacted this way to a microderm before. It is dry, flaky, and has a sheen like a plastic bag. Will this go away? Like peel off or something. I'm really worried.

Microdermabrasion

Hi seen your pic   this is not a reaction   usually how a skin appears following microdermabrasion .please do use liberal moisturiser periodically and a sunprotection with a broad spectrum sunscreen with spf 15 .it will resolve slowly.however do consult a board certified dermatologist and get treated.

Microdermabrasion

Hi
I am sorry to see you have had a bad experience. This is not a usual side effect from the treatment as you are aware. Rest assured it is a temporary effect and should subside within a week. Keep the skin well moisturized in the meantime. 
Hope this helps

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion

Usually microdermabrasion doesn't really do much but this was not done correctly and resulted in scrapes which will go away. stand in the shower and let water run on your face and apply plain Vaseline once a day and this should take care of it

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist