Should I worry about this new mole I found on my body that is a different color than other moles on my body? (Photo)

It is dark red raised from my skin and has a red ring around it. Should I go to the doctors office for this?

Doctor Answers 2

Mole removal options for biopsy

Moles that are particular or morphologically different than others on your skin should be evaluated for a biopsy. Many of these moles are benign, but it is best to be safe. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Changing color in moles

If your mole has changed in size or color you should absolutely have the mole examined by a board certified dermatologist with experience in skin cancer.  It is better to be on the safe side especially if you see that the mole had changed.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.