Ear lobe swelling 2 weeks after piercing (Photo)

It's 2 weeks after my piercing my right ear has suddenly swollen and became hard. No pain is there. My ear ring is not tight and I maintained heigen environment. Washed my pillow cover every two days with hot water and dettol. I'll wash the area with warm water and Johnson baby shampoo twice a day during bath. I applied the after care gel for 1 week and then all was perfectly fine so I stopped. What is the reason for this swelling

Infected or inflamed earlobe

I would recommend removing the piercing and continuing with current washing regimen in addition to a topical antibacterial ointment.  You may also have a silver allergy although this appears more infectious/inflammatory in nature.  Should the swelling and redness not resolve soon I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers

Ear Lobe Swelling After Piercing

Dear goutomi~

Thank you for your question and photos.  It looks as if your earlobe is inflamed.  I would recommend using some topical antibiotic ointment and warm compresses to the area.  If the earring in place is not gold or platinum, it would be best to change it.  Please remove the earring and see a physician if it does not improve.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD