I need my earlope fix but I'm on a medcaid plan can I get it fix

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget. Insurance typically wont cover this. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Earlobe repair

Thank you for your question. Our office, as an example, charges approximately $500 for a typical earlobe repair. Your insurance, or any type of insurance, is unlikely to cover this expense. I hope that helps give you an idea of what you'd need to budget. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Hello Glendoria45,

On most insurance plans earlobe repair is considered cosmetic in nature and is a self pay procedure.  You can check with your insurance company but chances are you will have to pay out of pocket for this.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

Many earlobe repairs for a stretch lets say is not covered by insurance.  It is likely you will have to self-pay for it. But you should check with your insurance company and determine if they will cover it.  Good luck.

Earlobe repair

It depends on what is wrong with the earlobe.  Medicaid usually covers things like removal of a cyst or other lesion.  Repair of an earlobe torn by an earring or closing a stretched opening from gauging is usually considered a cosmetic procedure.  Medicaid does not cover it, so you would have to pay for it out-of-pocket.