Is more pain 4 weeks after liposuction than the first week common?

I had liposuction of my trunk (abs, hips, underarms--- more along the bra line and a little from my back) 1 month ago today. And I'm now feeling more pain and tenderness than before. The swelling is going down and I've been doing lymphatic massage so a lot of the hardness is continually breaking up. But I feel so tender and tight and sitting up feels like it's putting an indentation on my left side. I'm still wearing a compression garment at least 16 hors a day. Is this normal?

Liposuction - hurting more after 4 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• The usual cause of late pain after liposuction is increased activity and rough massage.
  • Although this may be normal for you, I suggest you see your plastic surgeon to be checked.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post-Lipo Recovery

Its not unusual to experience a certain degree of discomfort after surgery as the swelling goes down and you ease off the pain medication. The first stage of healing occurs up until about 4 weeks after surgery, and most of the swelling will subside about 2-3 months, during the second stage of recovery. However, if you're feeling a significant increase in delayed postoperative pain, I'd suggest getting in touch with your surgeon. 

NO not common but over the internet impossible to advise! Best to seek in person PAID second opinions from only boarded PSs in your area.