Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
Massage and body treatments like radiofrequency help to improve contouring irregularities or scarring. You may need a revision procedure in the future. Please speak to your physician. Best, Dr. Emer.
Massage after liposuction
You should ask your plastic surgeon what he or she recommends.
That is the best most simple and correct answer to your question.
There is little to no scientific evidence that any for a massage has any significant long-term impact on the results of liposuction.
I personally do not recommend my patients have massage after body contouring.
My practice is exclusively devoted to liposuction and fat transfer procedures.
I simply don't see the need for massage if the procedure is done correctly.
There's no substitute for time.
Healing it simply takes several months and massage does not shorten that time period.
And particular I am opposed to any intervention that causes discomfort during the early recovery phase after surgery.
Please follow the recommendations of your plastic surgeon but for my own patients I do not recommend massage and I strictly advise against massage if massage causes discomfort.
Mats Hagstrom M.D.
Liposuction - will massage help
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- If your liposuction was done in the past few weeks, swelling and firmness is completely normal.
- It will take about 6 weeks to improve, 6 months to subside.
- There is no proof that massage helps after liposuction -
- Some patients find massage of various kinds, including deep tissue (often painful) massage does help them.
- So it is really is a personal decision, not a medical one -
- You might try a massage at a less expensive place - often Korean masseuses are exceptionally good and usually reasonably priced.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS