Can I still get a breast augmentation if I have a third nipple? (Photo)

I have a third nipple perfectly in the crease under my right breast. It's something that I'm actually very attached to as all the women in my family have one. I would want silicone implants and to my knoledge they can only be inserted through the areola or underneath the breast in the crease? I feel my areoles wouldn't even be large enough to fit an implant through, I think they a pretty small. Just wondering if there would be any options for me other than just going ahead and removing it??

Implants and third nipple

You can have implants placed and you can have thethird nipple removed if you want. Best of luck.....

Implants and third nipple

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Can I still get a breast augmentation if I have a third nipple?

Yes, it is very common to have an accessory nipple. Fortunately yours is right in the inframammary crease and can be removed with your infra mammary crease incision during breast augmentation. Actually I did this on a patient last week and it worked very well.

(Photo) Laurens91 Myrtle Beach, SC 24 days ago I have a third nipple perfectly in the crease under my right breast. It

Thank you for your question and photo. You can absolutely have the surgery. One of my favorite procedures to perform is a transaxillary endoscopic breast augmentation. This means making an incision and placing the silicone implants through the armpit. This avoids unnecessary scars on the breast, and in your case would eliminate the fear of having to remove your third nipple in the inframammary crease. If you find a surgeon who is trained in this, you would be a perfect candidate in my opinion.

Extra nipple and breast augmentation?

From your photograph, in my opinion in infra-mammary crease incision could be made that just skirts around the extra nipple preferably leaving it below the incision. Depending on the size of the implant you would want, and using a keller funnel, I would have no trouble getting a decent sized implant through that approach. I hope this is helpful. 

Extra nipple and breast augmentation?

Extra nipple

The third nipple should not be a problem. It could be removed, or the incision can be made around it to avoid it.
Good luck,
Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Extra nipple

Good luck,
Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Augmentation and third nipple

I don't see any reason why you couldn't have either an Inframamary approach or a periareolar approach. I think there are advantages to the inframammary approach and having a third nipple as you do should not be any problem 

Augmentation and third nipple

Supernumerary nipples and breast augmentation

Having a third, or even more, nipples is extremely common.  These generally are much smaller than your primary nipples. can be raised or flat, and are pigmented similar to your areolar colour.  Often they are confused with moles.

From a technical perspective, there is no reason that you could not have a breast augmentation.  The incisions could be designed to either preserve or to excise the extra nipple.  Were you to keep the nipple, depending on the size of implant you have selected, the position of the supernumerary nipple on your breast mound might change.

Third nipple

Adapting to the situation is what we do as Plastic Surgeons. The third nipple can easily be preserved if you wish. 

John S. Alspaugh, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Third nipple

John S. Alspaugh, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  There is no reason that your accessory nipple need be removed during a breast augmentation and the normal incision can either be placed above or below to accommodate it.  Best luck on your upcoming augmentation!

Third nipple

Absolutely, The incision can be made above or below the nipple and you can get a great result. Good luck. 

Third nipple