My Face is Burned with TCA 80% Now There is a Large Area of Redness on my Face What Should I Do? (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

TCA Burn Complication Management Requires An Expert's Care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your photo suggests a significant chemical burn. I am not sure how or why you were treated with 80% TCA as this strength is not used for any of the peels that I am aware of. My STRONG recommendation is seek the immediate advice of a board certified Plastic, Facial Plastic or Dermatologist who has experience in treating chemical burns such as you have. On going care to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and scarring will be important. Follow there advice and care.


80% TCA

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

My first question is how did this happen?  You really need to be under the care of a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.  I recommend that You see Dr. Deanna Glaser, Dr. George Hruza, Dr. David Caplan, or Dr. Gregory Branham in St. Louis ASAP.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 104 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.