Why do my boobs look distorted with my arms raised? (photo)

I have included a picture but does this look normal 6 weeks post op? They look circular and a bit uneven with my arms raised. Will this improve over time?

Why do my boobs look distorted with my arms raised?

Although there are no pre-op photos to compare, at 6 weeks post-op, you look like you are right on track.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by "uneven" but no one is perfectly symmetrical.  Implants can take 3-6 months to settle so try to give it some time and re-evaluate at that time.  Otherwise, at this point from the photos, everything looks good.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

Things look good, I tell people that they will be able to contort there body in some way to either feel the implants or make them look uneven, there are implants in there and you can find them if you look. Totally normal!

BBA

It would be helpful if you could post pre-op pics and pics with your arms at your side.  It's hard to determine if there is a problem without those photos.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast implants deformity

Dear Lalalisa,
   Thanks for submitting your pictures. It would have been helpful to have one picture in repose. In any case, the reason you are unhappy with the result, is because it appears that you have developed severe capsule contracture, resulting in 'fixed' breasts and wide cleavage. You can still help to soften the breasts a bit by doing intense displacement massage of the implants. Push the implants up, in, and down for 20 - 30 seconds each time. Repeat it 3 times and do it at least morning, afternoon and night. The more the merrier. Do it for 3-4 months, if still unhappy, you might consider capsulotomy. Always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breasts augmentation redos. Check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results,
                                 Dr Widder

Results

Thank you for the picture.

You're still going through the healing process, total recovery can take up to 12 weeks. I believe that your result look good for the healing time elapsed.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

The implants are on top of your muscle which is why they look so round on top. When you raise your arms the skin tightens and moves up, thus moving the implants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Round postop breast appearance

Hello Lalalisa-
A round appearance in the lower breast pole is desired by all. A round 'step-off edge' in the upper breast pole and thus round looking breasts can result from multiple factors or a combination of them, such as…
-Implants being placed on top of the pectorals major muscle
-Overfilling of saline implants
-Textured implants that the tissue actually adheres to (as it should but rarely does) and the muscle pulls on the subglandular scar capsule
-Circumareolar or 'donut mastopexies' can also create breasts that are flat on top and look round like a donut. 
-And others...

But to answer your question and without knowing details of your surgery and implants, your postop results do look 'normal' and will improve with time, so don't worry.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Distorted

Thank you for the photos but I would disagree with you - at 6 weeks your result looks great!

Dr  corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Appearance 6 weeks after breast aug

It is fairly early after you breast augmentation. Depending on what type of implants where used and where the implants were placed (over or under the muscle) you will likely see some descent if the implants with time and a softer appearance. Breast she changes with arms elevated and all breasts have some asymmetries. It helps to review preop photos to properly evaluate. Round sub muscular augmentations take between 3-6 months for them to assume the long term position. 

Gaurav Bharti MD

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon