What strength of Sclerotherapy should be used for my feet and ankle veins and does it matter if it's foam or liquid? (photos)

I have had both liquid Sotradecol and foam asclera for my hands with pretty good results from the foam not the liquid. There is a local plastic surgeon who uses liquid Sclerotherapy only and will treat all feet veins and a vein dr I have been seeing who is an hour away that does foam but he does one vein at a time and I can't keep taking off of work so much. Does liquid work just as well? Is there anyone out there who will treat my feet veins in one session that I can drive to?

Sclerotherapy for foot veins.

Over the years I have changed from using liquid to using almost exclusively foam sclerotherapy unless there is a patient who cannot have foam.  The concentration of the foam depends on the veins being treated with the larger veins requiring a higher concentration.  I usually treat as many veins an feasible in one session.

Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy Results and Types

If someone is well trained in sclerotherapy they shoudl be able to treat these areas with different agents.  I find that foaming and asclera do the best in my hands.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

What type of sclerotherapy technique ?

Of course it makes a big difference and it would take a thorough consultation to determine what would be most appropriate for you, liquid or foam, which product (Polidochanol, STS, etc for foam), liquid (hypertonic saline, glycerin, ethanolamine, etc etc etc) and in which veins (spider, reticular or varicose) .... as well as a discussion of unique side effects for each sclerosant type and technique and post procedure treatment and expected outcomes .... 

Seek an ABVLM certified vein specialist for consultation, evaluation, examination, Duplex vein scan and treatment.

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Polidocanol

Both Sotradecol and Polidocanol (Asclera) works very well, however I do refer Polidocanol especially on  areas like ankle or behind a knee, where is skin is thinner and more prone to post injection pigmentation. Smaller veins (

Vahe Melkonyan, MD
Sherman Oaks Phlebologist