More Painful on Bony Areas. Why? Please I Need an Urgent Answer. Thankyou :)

I'v had laser hair treatments and i'v experienced more pain on bony areas like elbows and lower jaw. I even felt sensitivity in my teeth during treatment on my upper lip, not after the treatment but during it. My main concern is that this means if the energy from the laser is reaching the bone and teeth then it must reach the ovaries too? Can you please explain this?

Laser Hair Removal and Sensitive Areas

Thank you for your question. It is very unlikely your ovaries are reached as they are under your abdominal muscles and laser treatments are considered superficial treatments.  The jaw is sensitive as there is little tissue between the hair and the bone.  The teeth are sensitive due to the heat on the target area going into the teeth as well, especially if you've had crown put in.  The photons of the laser is absorbed by the hair follicle, and this "bump" or increase in heat created by absorption also heats up adjacent areas temporarily.  We use a wooden stick to shield the teeth from this heat during treatments.  This heat subsides immediately, and is very safe when done in sound settings.  See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon with expertise in laser surgery for recommendations on the most effective and safest plan. I hope this helps.

Laser hair removal is more painful on body areas

The heat gets conducted by the bone and is generally more painful then the fleshy or fatty parts.  The laser heat has no effect on your ovaries.  It does not affect fertility or anything like this.  I never tell patients to do laser hair or any other cosmetic treatment when pregnant.