Need to know if SculpSure is for someone my age for my abdomen and flanks? I am 68 female.

Too old?

I am right now treating an 80 year old with lateral fat tissue on abdomen--timing is great. I believe the response is slower and longer with more delay on an older person as is all healing, but the company has not said this. The second treatment is more likely in older patients. I would anticipate the possibility of slightly less dramatic results, but again, the company has not said this.

Sculpsure for older female stomach and flanks

The answer is "maybe".  The devices that non-invasively target subcutaneous fat tissue (CoolSculpting, Sculpture, UltraShape) are appropriate for some people.  It really comes down to health history, how the fat tissue presents itself and whether an experienced provider recommends any of these as a solution for you.  At our Lipo Spa centers, we offer a Free Consultation with our specialists to determine the above and then we come up with a custom treatment plan if we feel that one (or more) of the technologies are right for you.  I'd recommend seeking a consultation at a few certified clinics near you who have a lot of experience with multiple devices so that you can get some honest feedback in person.  Best of luck, Doc Halliday

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Candidates

Thank you for your question. There is no age limit to SculpSure. It is a safe procedure for all ages as long as each individual is an adult or has approval from a guardian. If you are interested please schedule a full in-person consultation with a qualified provider. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure Treatment

Speak with your physician, but SculpSure can be used by all ages. Unless you have areas of numbness where you wish to be treated, if you have pinchable fat in your abdomen, you are likely a candidate for the treatment.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Sculpsure can help

Sculpsure is not age limited.  Patients with poor health or smoking can benefit from spot reductions with Sculpsure.

At 68 years old, you should be fine with sculpsure

you should do fine with Sculpsure. the main thing is that your skin tone is likely to be less perfect than someone 25 years old. some areas, like the love handles and outer thighs will have better skin tone and will tighten up more after Sculpsure than areas like your inner thighs etc. However, Sculpsure should be able to melt the fat just as well as in you. 

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a very safe procedure as a non-invasive measure to destroy fat cells. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for this procedure.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

No age limit with SculpSure

There is no age limit with SculpSure. If you have stubborn areas after diet and exercise you just can't seem to get rid of, SculpSure may absolutely be the right treatment for you. I would recommend consulting with your SculpSure provider to determine if you are a good candidate and how many treatments you may need. Best, Dr Faraz

There is no limit on age for using SculpSure

Age has no factor in using SculpSure.  There are many requirements one must meet to be a candidate, but age is not one of them.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon