Puffy bags under eyes after having gotten Asian blepharoplasty? (Photo)

Hi! I am a 20 year old asian woman who received the double eyelid surgery 2 yrs ago. Only after my surgery, I developed severe "eye bags" that are more prominent when I am smiling/squinting my eyes, but nevertheless visible even when my face is relaxed. They are not due to lack of sleep or stress, and they cannot be covered with heavy makeup. Are these bags the result of hormones, or perhaps due to a mistake/natural side effect in the surgery? What surgery would I need to get rid of them? Thanks

Puffy lower eyelids after Asian blepharoplasty?

It is unlikely that your lower eyelid puffiness is related to your Asian blepharoplaty. You may benefit from lower blepharoplasty.

Likely not related to Asian eyelid surgery

It's no related.  It's more likely just your genetic an anatomical makeup.  You may be able to remove the lower eyelid bags via a transconjunctival approach or use filler or fat transfer to help.  Whatever you do to the lower eyelids surgically be conservative.
Chase Lay MDAsian eyelid surgery specialist

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye bags in 20s

The eye bags are unrelated to your double eyelid surgery and can be improved with a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty procedure. In Caucasian patients, mild eye bags in patients in their 20s and 30s can sometimes be camoflaged with filler injections, but the increase in cheek fullness from this procedure is not ideally suited to asian patients. Surgery is your best option.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye bag

It looks like you have fat herniation on lower lids. Only being 20 years old ,I suggest to remove eye bag through conjunctiva without creating any incision on the skin. 
Good Luck

Andrew Choi, MD