What's the expected incision healing time after breast augmentation?

I am 15 days post op with disolvable sutures in place covered with steristrips. When can I remove the steristrips?

Remove the steri strips

After about a week the streristrips are dirty and are doing nothing productive, but are trapping bacteria next to the wound.  They are typically removed after one week so the wound can be kept clean and dry.   Scar products are employed at one month.

I typically ask my patients to just leave the steri-strips on for about 3 weeks.  If they curl at the ends, then they can cut that part off until they see me.  Best to ask your surgeon before doing anything. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How long to keep steri strips in place after augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to listen to your surgeon.  Most of the time, I will leave the steri strips in place until they start to curl back.  At that point it's ok to remove them.  This may be 2-4 weeks from surgery.  Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and steri-strips

I like to have patients wear them for as long as possible. If they fall off I like them to place paper tape fora total of 6 weeks if their skin tolerates it.  Best to ask your surgeon.

I appreciate your question.

Once the incision has healed which can vary from patient to patient.  Usually within 2 weeks.  Please speak to your plastic surgeon as he/she will have their own set of detailed post op instructions and will remove the steri strips based on how you are healing.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

It should be healed by now

2 weeks is enough time for incisions of breast augmentation to heal.  However keep your own surgeon in loop. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast augmentation post operative care

As you can see, PS have different thoughts on removing steri-strips. Obviously, listen to what your PS requests.

For information, I typically say 2 weeks. After the incision line is closed, you will begin scar treatment. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Healing time

The total healing time for any incision is up to a full year.  I typically encourage patients to keep their tapes in place as long as they can (usually around 1.5 to 2 weeks).  Talk to your surgeon about their preferences.  Once the tapes start to peel off on their own it is usually safe to go ahead and remove them.  Remember that the tapes can always be replaced.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Steristsrips after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, different surgeons will use different techniques to close the wounds. There is no one way to do it. There is no one right way to do it either. I am sure if you contacted your PS office they will be happy to answer this with the BEST answer. We leave strips on for a month.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

When should steri strips go?

Thank you for your question! Typically in my office I have the steri strips removed in 3 weeks from post - op.  However, every patient is different and I would contact your surgeon to follow their directions. Best of luck with your recent surgery!