Can I can get my nipples pierced after breast augmentation?

I had surgery about 3 years ago. (Silicone unders, crease incision) Iv been wanting to get them done and just worried about the complications. I know you could potentially lose your implants due to infection, but what are the odds of that? I know I can keep them clean and care for them properly . I never had anything get infected before.

Nipple piercing

While there are potential complications from nipple piercing, these problems are no higher in someone with well established breast implants.The odds of loosing your implants would be extremely low.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Post BAM Nipple piercing?

Hi brookeebarnard

Many women will go on to do this after or before implants.  I don't recommend it because of potential for complications, and concerns about the places who do it.

If you must get it done, I would recommend pre and post procedure antibiotics.

Good luck.

sek

Piercing is definitely possible

You should have no problem having your nipples pierced after implants.  If the piercing causes an implant infection or a deflation, it is way too deep.  Superficial infections from piercings can be treated.

Nipple piercing

Thank you for your question! At this point you may return back to living your life normally, this includes getting your nipples pierced. Just as you took the time to research your surgeon, I would take the time to research your piercing technologist. You want to make sure they are practicing a sterile environment. Best of luck!

Nipple Piercing After Breast Augmentation

There is no reason why 3 years out of surgery that you should have any issues with what you are wanting to do. As always double check with your surgeon but you should be fine.

Richard J. Brown, MD

I see no problem with nipple piercing

At this stage after your augmentation it is ok to live life normally.  Nipple piercing should not be a problem.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Piercing after Breast Augmentation

There should be no problems with getting your nipples pierced as long as you adhere to the guidelines that will be given to you after your piercings. You may wash the area with soap and water and apply a small amount of antibiotic  ointment which should help the sites from becoming infected. Make sure that the person doing the piercings is a qualified professional and that the area being pierced is scrubbed with a sterilizing solution. 

F. True Lansden, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and nipple piercing

My rule with nipple piercing is that the rings must be removed during surgery to help prevent any contamination.

After surgery, the piercings can be replaced after your first shower at 48 hours

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Piercing

There is no problem at all getting your nipples pierced after having had breast augmentation surgery. Just make sure it is done professionally.  If there is any hint of an infection after having it done see your doctor immediately. Good luck.
Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Nipple piercing after breast augmentation

As far out as you are from your surgery, you should be fine to go ahead with piercing. Your risk for infection should be low if done with sterile technique.

Amy M. Sprole, MD
Wichita Plastic Surgeon