Liposuction to flanks? Fat transfer to buttocks and lips? (photo)

I recently had a consultation about transferring my fat in my lower back/love handles to my butt and lips. Does anyone have anything to say about this or more info on it? He said that it would all be done at once and the fat would last longer in my lips than things like juvaderm. This would only be added in my upper lip to even out my lips.. And of course my butt, because I lack a butt. All pictures are before pics. Overall total cost would be $5,000.

Thank you for your question . 

You can archive good results with Brazilian Butt Lift . You will need to gain fat depending on the type of results you are looking for . 

Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and great reviews in your procedure.

Liposuction to flanks? Fat transfer to buttocks and lips?

I can say that you will need a plastic surgeon who liposuctions thin women all the time to find enough fat for the procedure to be worthwhile in you.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Lipo and Bbl?

Hello, According to the pictures you are a candidate for liposuction of back, waist, flank and anterior abdomen along with butt augmentation with the extracted fat, I am sure that you would have very good result, you just have to choose a PS with experience in this procedure...

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Fat grafting

I don't see enough fat to harvest to make a noticeable difference in buttock contour, nor to have any improvement in the areas that might be suctioned, so I would not advise fat grafting to the buttocks. 

If you were having liposuction using some of the fat for the lips might be a consideration. But since I would recommend against that, I would recommend another modality for the lips--filler, implants, or dermal graft.

All the best. 

BBL and lip fat grafts.

Yes you can have both lip augmentation via fat grafts and BBL, which is fat grafting to the buttocks. Grafting the lips via fat injection is difficult to do evenly and even more difficult to get to survive evenly, often leading to multiple procedures to get things relatively smooth. You seem to have (barely) enough fat in your donor areas, depending on just how much enlargement you are seeking.

For the lips, instead of fat graft injections, I prefer dermal grafts, which utilizes a strip of de-epithelialized dermis from somewhere on your body (usually from an old scar, like a C-section, hernia repair, or appendectomy) placed in a tunnel within your lip. It is soft, uniform, permanent, and heals completely with nerve regrowth for normal sensation. It can even be repeated for larger lips, since a too-large graft will not "take." Thus, this technique is also nicely conservative, as big, thick dermal grafts do not survive completely, just like some of the fat with fat injections. BUt the dermis is actually your own tissue within your own tissue, so it is a permanent living graft you cannot see or feel. Insertion is via a tiny scar in the crease between your upper and lower lips at the oral commissure.

If you don't have a donor site scar anywhere, we can still perform this, but you will have a donor site scar you didn't have before. I usually use the suprapubic area, just like a C-section scar, which can be used for a subsequent C-section, or tummy tuck when your family is complete. A "new" scar is the biggest downside to this procedure if you don't already have a good existing donor scar.

But all that being said, your photos show nicely full lips, and a beautifully athletic butt. Not flat or unfortunate at all! Sure, it's not a J-Lo or KK butt, nor Lisa RInna's (old) lips, but are you sure you really want either of these?

Frankly, you hardly need lipo (even without the transfer), but at least that can give you a nice (but subtle) improvement in your AOCs (areas of concern). My advice: just say "NO" to the BBL and lip enlargement, even if you would do the lip enlargement "my" way. Just saying! Best wishes, Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

BBL and lip injections

You do not look like you have a lot of fat but some can definitely be harvested and placed in both areas.  Good luck.