What is the best moisturizer for after a Fraxel 1550 treatment without clogging pores?

I just had a fraxel 1550 treatment yesterday, the person in charge of it told me to use cocoa butter after the 4th day.. but I suffered from mild acne not long ago and I'm afraid using such a heavy moisturizer will clog my pores and the whole point for me doing a fraxel was to actually get rid of all my acne scars.. I'm not sure what to do? I just don't want to aggravate the treatment and my skin if I don't moisturize properly. What will you recommend ?

Moisturizer after Fraxel Laser

I developed a specific laser to use after Fraxel laser to help rejuvenate the skin and not have the skin clogged.  You need to consult your treating physician who should have advised you on the proper products.  Epigram is a prescription moisturizer that is excellent as well. Best, Dr. Green

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

We use a specific protocol of exfoliation, hydration, and moisturization along with protection after laser treatments. I suggest you speak to your physician. Best. Dr, Emer.

Fraxel laser

You can keep your skin moist, not greasy with CeraVe lotion, available in your local pharmacy.  You must also avoid the sun and Neutrogena Clear Skin SPF 60 would be appropriate after Fraxel laser.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Moisturizers after Fraxel 1550 Laser

There are many good moisturizers that can be used after laser treatments.  It is important to choose one that is gentle and non-comedogenic (non-pore clogging).  I assume the person who treated you was not a dermatologist because anyone who knows skin would not recommend cocoa butter.  Cocoa butter can clog pores and is also potentially irritating.  I personally recommend SkinMedica Dermal Repair Cream, Alastin Moisturizer, Teoxane rHA Serum, Ceravie or Avene.  Make sure you are having your treatments done by someone who understands both lasers and skin.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon