What is the best non invasive treatment to create more volume and firmness around the eyes.

What is the best non invasive treatment to create more volume and firmness around the eyes. Fraxel has been suggested, but I'm afraid that it may be too aggressive on thin skin. I am 56 I had an upper and lower bleph carried out about 9 years ago, but now have quite a bit of laxity on the upper eye area, lower eye area isn't too bad, but would like to improve the firmness there.

Eye Rejuvenation

A combination of fillers and lasers such as eMatrix which has a special eye piece for under eye wrinkles would be best.  I also perform a great deal of Thermage to help produce new collagen and make eyes look younger.  Best, Dr. Green

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I use a combination of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP to this area. I suggest you see an expert in eyelid rejuvenation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nicer Eyes

That loose crepe skin around this is the result of a combination factors.  The two most important are deterioration of skin quality (collagen and elastin loss), and loss of volume (bone and fat) under the skin. The skin quality and tightening is treated with lasers. Fraxel is a moderately aggressive laser and a good choice.  More aggressive laser, such as a SmartSkin C02, will get better results, but have more down time and slightly higher complication rate.  Combined with judicious use of fillers to correct the volume loss some excellent results can be obtained.

Options for tightening eyelid skin

Fraxel is not too aggressive for this area. Results are mild however. CO2 or Erbium lasers are more aggressive and lead to tightening. There is downtime and healing for about a week or longer. Infini has less downtime but 2-3 treatments are needed. All superficial RF devices tend to give minimal or no results in my experience (Thermage). Fillers are usually needed as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD