Ways to add dimension to round face and get a more defined jawline? (very slim, 20 yr old, face doesn't match body) (photo)

How I can sculpt my face?I have botox in my jaw muscles because of teeth grinding, and it slimmed my face down a little.I know buccal fat removal is an option, but it seems harder to get positive results.What about kybella/exilis?I wouldn't want to do anything super invasive like a chin implant or shave anything.I like the look of my face when sucking in my cheeks and when my face is pulled taut.Basically, I hate that it looks like the side of my face is just a neck and no cheek bones.Thanks!

Kybella & Voluma

Based on your desired results, it sounds as if you'd benefit from a combination of Kybella to slim under the chin and Voluma to augment the cheeks. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Neck area and Defining Jaw

You would benefit from Kybella in your jaw and Voluma in your cheeks to give you the look that you want.  I also combine these treatments with Thermage to give the best skin tightening results in your jaw line.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma is your best bet

Thank you for your question.  To me it sounds like you are saying you like a higher fuller more defined cheekbones.  When the cheeks are widened or heightened or both, it pulls the skin beneath it more taut.  I seriously doubt you have too much buccal fat.  Voluma can be easily added until you get a look you like, it is very controllable and reversible if you change your mind.

You have to wait for a result with Kybella, and I personally would not be comfortable putting it in someone's cheeks.  Besides being an off-label use, you should familiarize yourself with the "down-time" of what happens with Kybella after the injections are done.  Things like numbness, swelling, lumpiness are a bit easier to live with for weeks when it is hidden below the chin than on the open exposed cheeks.  Kybella is not reversible.  The amount of fat that dissolves is not completely controllable.

I would suggest you seek out a Board Certified Dermatologist who is experienced with facial fillers.  Best regards, Marla Klein MD

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella for jawline sculpting

Thanks for the question.  I think that you might want to consider Kybella.  It can help with the submental fat under the chin, the double chin, and also help to tighten up the jaw line.  It would probably give you the effect you are looking for and is very minimally invasive with a relatively easy recovery.  

Good Luck

Kybella vs Coolmini vs Liposuction

Fantastic question! Good to know all of your options.
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Adding facial dimension

Kybella is designed to decrease sub mental fat.  This can also help to give the illusion of a stronger jawline or chin.  You are on the young side to see significant signs of facial aging, but based upon what you are asking one option is Kybella to help better define the neck line and then a filler such as Voluma or Lyft to add volume to the mid face and accentuate the cheek bones.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a facial analysis and make the best recommendation for you.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat; VaserLipo, Botox to Jaw

There are many options for you but I suggest a formal consultation.  Kybella or VASER lipo to the neck, with botox would do great. I suggest an expert evaluation.  Best, Dr. Eemr.

Facial Rejuventation

Thank you for your question.  Kybella is designed to dissolve fat cells which rest between the skin and the underlying muscle of the neck in the submental (under the chin) region.  Based on your pictures (and on your age), I would not predict you have much submental fat in this area.  I would not necessarily think that Kybella would be the best first choice to help add dimension to your face.

There are several fillers which I think could work very well.  Voluma will help to improve your midfacial region, and can even help to lift (slightly) the lower face.  This filler can also help to soften the "roundness" of the face, and give a more youthful, heart-shaped appearance.  

Be sure to consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon who specializes in facial fillers and Kybella.  I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and cheek fillers

Thank you for your question.  Kybella can help you reduce some fullness in the double chin region.  It would not help you develop the sucked in cheek appearance, however.  Dermal fillers such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft can help build up and define the cheeks to create more contrast with the lower face.  In addition, you can consider Sculptra to help build out the lower jaw line.  Further evaluation of the masseter muscles can help determine if more Botox can further help you achieve your desired look.  I would recommend visiting with an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area to discuss your options in more detail.