Why is my forehead like this? Everyone I've seen has a flat normal forehead.

My forehead is big, like it's not just my hairline it's also because it's bumpy and big, my dads is like it too. Any way to correct it?

Forehead reduction with hair transplants or hairline lowering

Lowering your hairline via hair transplants or a hairline lowering procedure, would frame your face much differently.  Your hairline starts at a point much further back (not measureable in photos without a flexible ruler in the same photo) than the beginning of the curvature of your forehead/scalp.  An in person visit would help to determine your eligibility for either procedure based on many factors revealed during the history and physical. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Big Forehead

More history would be helpful. Have you always had a high hairline or has this progressively gotten worse, how old are you, are you male or female? All of this will determine what treatment is best for you including hair transplants, Fleming/Mayer Flap, forehead reduction or hairline lowering. 

Facial Framing

Your current hairline has framed your face in a manner where your forehead appears more prominent.  Your 2 options would be a frontal hairline restoration or excisional forehead reduction.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Forehead

You have lost hair with frontal recession so your forehead is now more prominent. This can be treated with hair transplantation

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Adjusting your hairline

Yes, your forehead does appear very large, but the main reason for this is your high hairline.  You do also seem to have a rounded forehead, but feature is exaggerated by how far back your hairline begins.  Some patients develop a high hairline due to progressive hair loss, but many are just born that way.  For you, this feature sounds like it was a gift from your father.  Lowering your hairline will make a big difference in the apparent size of your forehead.  This can be done with either hair grafting or with a procedure that moves your whole scalp forward.  You do not need to have any of the bone adjusted.  You have some small bumps on your skin that look like blocked sebaceous glands.  There are several skin care products and procedures that can improve these dramatically including retin a, peels, and laser treatments.  These treatments need to be tailored to your skin quality and tone, so sit down with a cosmetic surgeon or a cosmetic dermatologist and they can make recommendations after a thorough exam. This might be the best way to start, if you can improve the skin quality of your forehead you may find that it's size does not bother you as much.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist