How many CoolSculpting applicators are usually required for love handles treatment?

I had two consultations with CoolSculpting providers. One told me that one applicator per side will do the job and another that I will need two overlapped applications on each side to take care of the back fat behind the love handle bulge. She called it "stacking". Does she make sense?

Coolsculpting Applications and Flanks

The number of treatments all depends on the amount of improvement you are looking for.  I find that most people need at least 2 treatments and sometimes overlapping each time.  I suggest a formal consultation.  Often, liposuction is better for a more sculpted improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and love handles

This is really something best determined by an in person evaluation. I would recommend you see and be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon that does a large volume of this procedure. Evaluation is key to getting a good result.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

How many CoolSculpting applicators are needed to treat love handles?

Each person is different, so not everyone needs the exact same treatment with CoolScupting.  Some people may need just one applicator to treat each love handle, but the position may vary by individual.  If someone has excess fat at the love handles and also along the back, then 2 applicators may be needed for each side to get a more extensive result.  I would recommend just having the area treated that bothers you.  If you feel the back area is okay, just have the love handles treated.  If you feel the back bothers you, then have both areas treated.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Applicators for Love Handles

This is where the experience of the provider comes into play. Not everyone gets the same "cookie cutter" placement of applicators. It will depend on the amount and distribution of the fat in the love handles. Stacking is a known technique and we use it often. Some people will be fine with one applicator on each love handle, and others will need two. Make sure you see each provider's before and after pictures of actual patients to see what kind of results they are getting. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Stacking

Stacking is a nice technique to use to treat love handles and the bra fat.  If you have very wide love handles, stacking can be used just on your love handles.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting

Usually there is a 20% resolution in fat in the area treated. In some cases one may need to treat the area in two consecutive sessions 4 weeks apart. This is sometimes referred to as stscking the treatments on the same area of the body.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stacking with CoolSculpting Applicators

The CoolSculpting procedure is customized for every patient and it depends on the provider's clinical judgment. Smaller areas require just one applicator and larger areas may need "stacking" or overlapping of two or more applicators. It is best to consult an experienced provider for optimal results.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Flanks

A CoolSculpting treatment plan is different based on each person's anatomy. An in-person consultation is certainly the best way to determine the applicators you would need to achieve the best results.   If you are wanting to address the flanks and also additional fat on your back, you may need two applicators on each side to fully cover the treatment area.  If you are only concerned about your flanks, one applicator per side may be sufficient.  At your consultation, your provider should map the treatment area and show you in a mirror the areas addressed with each applicator.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting applicators for love handles and back fat

Coolsculpting needs to be customized to the patient.  One size doesn't fit all.  When we see a patient in consultation for Coolsculpting I decided which applicators are needed and if overlap is best.  The back fat responds very well to Coolsculpting.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green