Should I be concerned about these inflamed follicles after my last laser treatment? (Photos)

I had a laser treatment done on my arms and legs about 3 days ago and I am still feeling itchy. My skin has been inflamed and bumpy around certain follicles. How long do you think this will take to clear up?

Follicular edema after laser treatment

This is perfectly normal, due to swelling from the follicles that are "burned" by the laser, which is the desirable endpoint.

Edison Physician

Laser hair treatment

From the photos, it appears you are exhibiting a normal reaction after your laser hair treatment. Follicle inflammation is an expected result and should dissipate over the first few days. 

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Inflamed hair follicles after LHR

I see no evidence of a burn. This is a good sign for the treatment results. Apply topical steroid cream if irritating or itching.

Steven F. Weiner, MD