Vagina swelling after lipo? How can I stop this or soothe the swelling?

I am 5 days post op of stomach, inner thigh, flank, and banana roll lipo. & a few days ago my private areas started swelling. It now looks disgusting and is very uncomfortable. It looks like a penis. The nurse said it is not uncommon but how can I stop this or soothe the swelling?

Sounds as a gravity effect after lipo in the lower abdomen. BEST to see your surgeon as needed to fully explain this to you... 

Vagina swelling after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your  liposuction

This swelling is alarming - but it will subside.
Be sure your garment is not too tight around the pubic area.
Stay off your feet as best you can -
LIghtly compressive underwear will help.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Vagina swollen after TT

It is common for labia in women and the scrotum in males to become bruised, black and blue, after a tummy tuck. The simple explanation is that even a few drops of deep blood move down fascial planes with gravity and lymphatic flow to this area. It will resolve in most cases rather promptly. Check with your plastic surgeon to make sure this is the case with you.
#tt
#tummytuck

Swelling after liposuction

It is common to have swelling in this area after liposuction.  You can try warm compresses and light massage to help with the swelling and pain but as always follow the advice of your PS who performed your surgery.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal swelling after liposuction

I understand your concerns but you are experiencing what sounds like normal postoperative swelling after liposuction of abdominal region. Seek follow up from your surgeon.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Swelling in the genital area after liposuction of the abdomen.

Both men and women can sometimes experience swelling in the genital region after liposuction. There's no specific treatment. It will resolve with time.