How can I know if Im still swollen or if this are my final results?

I had liposuction on my belly, inner and outer thighs almost 2 months ago. I can see the results on my belly, but my thighs are still the same size. Many people have suggested that it is still swollen. How can I know if Im still swollen or if this are my final results?

Have patience after liposuction and follow your surgeon’s instructions.

Most people are undoubtedly anxious to enjoy their results after liposuction. However, the final outcome may not be visible for several months. It will take time for swelling and bruising to subside and for the body to flush out built-up fluids in the treatment area. At 2 months post-op, your final results are likely still developing. Most people can see their final liposuction results after about 6 months. Be sure you’re following all your doctor’s post-op instructions. If you are still unhappy with the appearance of your thighs in a couple of months, schedule a follow-up appointment so your doctor can discuss your progress and check for any complications.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

With my hi definition contouring patients see results right away, however, swelling lasts months to a full year after liposuction so I would have patience.  I would consider velashape/venus legacy and zwave treatments at this time to speed up the healing.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post op results

Hi and thanks for the question. On average the amount of time required for full results from liposuction is approximately 120 days. I suggest giving your results another 2 months before judging them. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

When you reach and endpoint after liposuction?

To do liposuction the surgeon had to violate the skin in order to insert the cannulas for fat removal. As long as there is color in these access points it is a barometer to the biologic activity, meaning swelling, in the areas that were treated.

How can I tell if I am swollenor if these are my final results

Dear swollen after liposuction,
Certainly you should speak with your surgeon and look at your before pictures. There still could be some degree of swelling in your thighs at two months. Another way to tell the degree of improvement is how your clothes fit.
Good Luck...

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - is the 2 month result the final result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Swelling after surgery is frustrating -
  • We don't look swollen but the swelling is real.
  • You are still swollen - swelling from the legs takes longer to subside than tummy swelling.
  • Give yourself another 4 months before judging your final result.
  • In the meantime, meet with your surgeon to review your before photos and discuss your concerns.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Best to compare before photos to 2 month postop photos. Or seek in person second opinions. But you should be over 80% recovered by now. 

Liposuction

I would like to ressure you that you are still in early stages. Swelling does take a long time to settle after liposuction. It can take 3 to 6 months for the swelling to settle and it can continue to settle for almost a year after the operation. So you will see most of the benefit at about 4 to 6 months, but you results will continue to improve in the six months folllowing that.