Can I have surgery "BBL" if I have braces on my teeth

Greetings! I am interested in having a Brazilian Butt Lift but currently has a full set of braces on my teeth. Will this be a problem on the day of surgery?

Can i have surgery if i have braces on my teeth?

Thank you for your question. There is no problem in having a BBL procedure while having braces on your teeth. What you should remove are elastic bands from your braces if you have any. You should follow your surgeon´s instructions on what you should not wear on the day of surgery like jewerly or acrylic nails. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Absolutely you can have braces while undergoing a BBL. There is not relationship between the two. You may want to schedule your next orthodontist appt. before your surgery so there's nothing to worry about for a month or so following your surgery. Best of luck. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Having dental braces is not a contraindication to having a BBL. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with lots of experience doing the BBL procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL and orthodontia

It should not be a problem to have a BBL with orthodontia in place.  Anesthesia can be given with braces on.

Otherwise uncomplicated orthodontic braces ought not to be a problem with your operation.  Discuss your questions with your anesthesiologist and surgeon.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD