Pooping after surgery (BBL)

Sorry for the quite nasty topic. I've had surgery on the 6th here in Miami (4 days ago) and I still haven't done number 2. I've tried several of times but it's just impossible for me to like get it out. And I'm scared to like have have too much pressure.. What can I do?

Constipation after surgery

constipation after surgery is extremely common.Probably more than half of patients would take prescription pain medication will become constipated.We usually discuss this with patients before surgery so they can be prepared.
We usually discuss this with patients before surgery so they can be prepared.

The best approach is always to increase dietary fiber just before or after the procedure.This can be done by altering diet or using supplements such as Metamucil.It's always best to prophylactically treat constipation or address it sooner rather than later. The next alternative is stimulants like ducalax. It's available to taken orally but more effective when taken as suppositories.  The strongest treatment is magnesium citrate.
Be very careful with using this.

Check in with your plastic surgeon to see what he or she recommends.Best,
Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Postop constipation

This is a common problem after surgery since pain medications often slow the gut down. There are many ways to treat this such as suppositories but you should consult with your surgeon to see what he or she recommends. 

Moises Salama, MD

Constipation right after surgery is often the result of taking the pain medications. You should talk to your doctor about possible treatments.