Kybella vs. Coolsculpting Mini: Which treatment has better results for fat under the chin? (Photo)

Which treatment requires less visits to the Dr.? Which treatment has less risk involved? Is it possible for Kybella to migrate to other areas of the face?

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

In my practice the best outcomes are from vaser/thermi combination but non invasive options like coolmini and kybella can be done to get some improvement but rarely can they contour and shape the jawline.  Best, Dr. emer.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella

This is most likely a matter of opinion.  Personally, I prefer Kybella for the reason that I think it can be delivered more precisely than CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting comes with a one size fits all neck device to freeze the fat.  Fat which is supercooled with go away.   Kybella can be dosed so that more is give in areas where you have more fat and then tapered into areas where there is less.  For this reason I believe you can achieve more precision and therefore a better result with Kybella which can be adjusted to precisely fit your neck shape and size.

Kybella

Kybella vs. Coolsculpting Mini: Which treatment has better results for fat under the chin?

If choosing ONLY non surgical options for submittal fat removal, I prefer KyBella injections much over cool mini! Though both have long result times of over 3 to 4 months to see improvements. The KyBella offers better outcomes in my experience. BUT I really recommend a minor under local anesthesia surgery of SmartLipo + Lipo with Thermi Smooth 250 RF sessions. Best to see a few boarded surgeons in person. Regards

Kybella

Thank you for your question Anna B.. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Cool Sculpting is also used for this purpose. I find that those with a minimal amount of fat respond better to Kybella than to Cool Sculpting. Both treatments require a series of at least 2 treatments. I have not seen Kybella migrate to other areas.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella

Kybella

Personally, I prefer Kybella for your issue. It is precise. It is extremely effective and frankly, since the results are permanent, it is a good deal. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Coolsculpting vs Kybella vs Profound SubQ

Thank you for this excellent question. I am excited that we have three options on the market now and I expect many patients will be using one or all three treatment modalities. The Coolsculpting mini will get a broad reduction of the submental fat but has a little more difficult to customize the procedure as there is only one applicator size. Kybella allow for a customized treatment for every patient based on their physical exam. The Profound SubQ allows for some tightening of the neck tissue in addition to fat reduction.  I would visit a plastic surgery a practice that offers multitude of non-surgical options and who can also discuss with you the surgical options.

Kybella

Thank you for your question. Kybella is the most effective treatment in contouring the jawline because it addresses the problem by addressing submental fullness (or double chin) due to submental fat. I suggest you consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella versus Cool-mini

I have both methods in my office and depending on the fat and distribution I will have a decision based on anatomy.  In a very small area such as yours the cool-mini adaptor will most likely not fit you.  Kybella is an excellent product and it will permanently remove the fat under the chin in two to four sessions.  Please consult an expert. When performing Kybella I often combine it with Thermage to tighten the jowls and lower face as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella versus Cool-mini

Kybella vs cool sculpting

Thank you for your question

You are a good candidate for Kybella. This is a treatment that includes the injection of a chemical that your body makes, to dissolve fat . It has a high success rate and if done properly a low complication rate.  I hope you find this useful.

Kybella vs cool sculpting

Thank you for your question