I'm 5 ft 2 and 140 lbs. Is 500 cc too big for me?

Is 500cc too big for you?

There are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I usually do not talk about cup size. As you know, cup size varies with brand and styles of bra. I would go for the desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options.

#OptimalBreastImplantSize - Is 500 cc's too big?

It is very difficult to answer your question and  determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the following link.

500 cc implants

This is a tough question to answer without seeing and examining you. In my practice, I rarely put such large implants in for cosmetic patients. That being said, I typically follow the patients desired looks, breast measurements, and what  I feel would yield the best results. PLease find a board certified plastic surgeon that understands your needs and desires. Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

In my opinion yes. 500cc implants are very large. Can look top heavy on a small petite woman.

However if you want the augmentaed look not a natural look, and the base width of your breast can accomodate 500cc (be sure your surgeon measures your breast base width) the 500cc may work for you.

500 cc too big?

This is always a tough question to ask.Alot depends on your anatomy ie your chest size etc.At the end of the operation your surgeon has to be able to close the incision so maybe he can put 500 in there and maybe not.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Too big?

Thank you for your question.  This is a question that should be addressed with your operating surgeon.  If you have not yet chosen a surgeon, please be sure to find one that is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the breast augmentation with implants procedure.  You will have a physical examination performed where you can also ask to "try on" the implants or view 3D images of yourself with 500 cc implants, if available.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Size of implants

It depends on the look you want to achieve.  If you like the augmented look and are not striving for a very natural size, this would be fine.  

Dimensional planning essential

The number of cc's in isolation is not a useful measure of size or proportion. Dimensional planning is essential to determine the implant width that will fit your frame and anatomy. You should be focused on implant profiles within a 5mm dimensional window as measured by your surgeon. You should have also tried on a 500cc implant to see a good representation of what you will look like after surgery. That approach to sizing will yield reliable, predictable and pleasing results. Fixating on a number will generate disappointment and doubt. 

Thank you for the question. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. In bra sizers can be useful communication tools also. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Will

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

500 too big?

500cc will bring most girls to D/DD.Please post photo(s) so we can give better opinion/recommendation.
Thanks