I am aware you cannot smoke up to 3 months post op, as it could kill fat cells, does this include marijuana smoke as well? BBL

I am aware you cannot smoke for 3 months post operation due to smoke killing fat cells but does this include marijuana smoke? If I cannot smoke marijuana can I take edibles or thc oil?

Cigarrets, marijuana and surgery

Thank you for your question. Best is to avoid both types of smoke to allow the body to heal quickly and prevent any complications. Cosmetic surgery isn´t cheap and the idea is to make the most out of it, this includes having a good recovery to achieve the best results possible. Consuming THC in any kind of way can affect the delivery of sufficient oxygenated blood to the body  tissues which can minimize healing and affect results. Best is to talk about this with your chosen surgeon for his advice. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Cigarettes and Marijuana After Brazilian Butt Lift

Surgery is a huge investment - emotionally, physically, and financially. Why not give yourself the greatest possible chance of no complications and a great result the first time? In the big scheme of things it's only three months. If you were pregnant, you'd have to abstain from those things for nine months and even longer if you breastfed. You only get one body. It's best to do things right the first time and avoid a possible revision surgery because of a need to get high - it's not a necessity to live. I would suggest staying away from both nicotine in any form and marijuana, whether firsthand or secondhand in those months after surgery and beyond to maximize your result and overall health. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Healing after surgery

Thank you for your question. I would recommend staying away from all of the above while you are healing from surgery. You want your recovery to be as quick as possible and not do anything to effect your end result. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon