Any suggestions for horizontal line across nose right between eyes? (photos)

I have a line on my nose that runs horizontal between my eyes. I have had this for about two years now. I am 21 and didn't want to have injections in this area so I was using a Retin-A gel, however that did not improve on this area at all. I am now willing to have injections because I just want it gone. What type of injections would be used to treat this? Since I'm only focused on this area, what would be the approximate amount?

Upper nose deep line

Best to seek only in person examinations. I would start with 20 to 30 units of a toxin first. Than if not much better inject a filler like restylane silk 

Lines between your eyebrows

The wrinkles that form between the eyebrows are caused by a muscle that runs in that area. A small amount of botulinum toxin (botox, dysport, or xeomin) should improve your appearance. In older patients, unlike yourself, botulinum toxin is not enough, and a filler needs to be injected to decrease the appearance of those wrinkles.

Botox

Thanks for sharing. The procerus muscle causes these horizontal wrinkles in this area of the nose.  Botox or similar injection will help this muscle to relax and decrease these wrinkles.  Consult with an experienced Botox injector to discuss your treatment

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Any suggestions for horizontal line across nose right between eyes?

It is a little difficult to say exactly what is going on based on those photographs actually.  It is a little unclear to me if you actually have a line due to a wrinkle or if there is excess pigment in the area with no wrinkling.  If you have a true wrinkle that increases when you animate the muscles here (furrow the eyebrows and/or wrinkle the nose), then a small amount of Botox or similar product can help relax the muscle just enough to soften the line.  If it's pigment then the treatment can vary depending on your skin type.  Sometimes special creams and/or laster treatments are needed to improve the appearance of increased pigment. Your best bet is to consult with a board-certified/eligible plastic surgeon or dermatologist to evaluate your skin and muscle function to see what the best treatment is to help you!  Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Botulinum toxin would be a great treatment for wrinkles that run in a horizontal direction between the eyes. Seek the advice and a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastics,  or dermatologist.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question and photos.  You could use Botox to improve the appearance of this area of your face.  Be sure to see a physician that is a board certified and is an expert in performing the injections to ensure that you will receive a good result.

Horizontal lines and Botox

Botox is the best way to treat these horizontal lines.  A small amount of "baby Botox" injected into this muscle will relax the area and help your concern.  Please see a certified dermatologist with a great deal of Botox experience for the best cosmetic concerns.

Horizontal line across nose

You can get Botox for this, but you need to see an experienced person. Do not shop for price on this - shop for experience. I have had way too many people come see me after bad Botox for this specific area. If done incorrectly or in the wrong spot, you can have the nerve that runs all the way down your nose and into your upper lip affected and you can basically end up looking like you had a stroke. It is not a pretty look if it is not done correctly. This spot needs an expert.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Thank you for your question.  Horizontal lines at the upper part of the nose and lower part of the forehead are caused by the actions of the procerus muscle.  It runs vertically along this area and is responsible for pulling the skin between the eyes downward.  A wrinkle relaxer, such as Botox is an excellent treatment to remove these lines by preventing the muscle from working.  See a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you treat this area.  

Upper nasal fold/line with shadow or pigmentation

Dear roses133:

Thanks for sharing your photos. With a history of using Retin-A and no improvement in the quality of the fold or pigmentation, this maybe a shadow. Proper use of Botox or fillers may help lift and / or fill the horizontal fold you present.

It is best to be evaluated by a well experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial surgeon well versed in all these techniques to provide a better recommendation for you. 

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS