Estimate price for a breast lift (no implants) in Miami, FL? Also, what is process like for financing this type of surgery?

Estimate cost for just a breast lift (no implants) in Miami, FL? I also have an additional question, what is the process like for financing cosmetic surgery? Is it similar to something like financing a car where you put money down and make payments every month? Is the process fairly simple? (I do have good credit) Thanks for the info.

I am not in Miami, but the typical cost of a breast lift with no implants ranges between $6,000-$8000.  Financing can be done through third party companies such as CareCredit that generally works like any bank loan.  They perform a credit application and determine the level of credit to extend.  There is an interest fee.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a breast lift?

I am sure that this might vary by region in the US, but we think of it in terms of time in the operating room.  A larger breasted girl might take longer than a smaller girl so it may cost more for the longer time. Make sure to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and an experienced office for more details.

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more. Best wishes.

Very difficult to answer because no posted frontal breast photos. So do not know which lifting operation is needed. I must than assume you need a full anchor lift. Average fee in MIAMI is $6,000 range. As for financing it totally depends on your credit rating. But yes for example CareCredit would allow a 'no downpayment plan' if you qualify. You can over the internet pre qualify with CareCredit and other financing companies before seeing a boarded PS in MIAMI. Understand there are over 80+ board PSs in South Florida, chose a few to see. Good Luck.. 

It varies from patient to patient, surgeon's experience, outside costs, time spent in the operating room, techniques utilized, etc.... Without examining you-it's difficult to say. Financing is available in some practices. You can apply online or over the phone. If you're approved, you can then choose a plan ( Carecredit- offers variety of payment plans). 
Below you can find a general information about financing companies

Breast lift pricing

Breast lift costs vary widely based on where you go and who you go to. Costs involved include the surgeon's operating fee (which typically covers the office visits), anesthesia costs, and facility or hospital fee. The difficulty of the procedure is also usually involved in the surgeon's pricing scheme. Breast lifts are different than a breast augmentation where the procedure is more standardized.

Financing is usually done through a service such as Alpheon Credit or CareCredit. These are similar to car financing, but usually with a much shorter term of 6 months to 24 months. Interest rates vary. 0% interest rates are available but if you miss a payment or do not pay off the loan in time, can skyrocket to 30% or more. It is important to read the fine print.

Be aware that bargain basement pricing often means bargain basement care. Having cosmetic surgery is not like buying a car. A breast lift is a permanent change to the breast and surgeon experience is important. Have consultations with multiple plastic surgeons before choosing. Ask around to friends and colleagues for a recommendation. Be sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Finally, do not make a decision based soley on price. A botched surgery often costs twice as much to correct than the original operation.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon