Can dermapen be used on breast lift and tummy tuck scars?
Doctor Answers 3
Managing the Scars of a Mommy Makeover
Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months following the procedure(s) as the #scars will be evolving. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Also some severe scars can be treated with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. Additionally, scar therapy with scar maturation products (e.g. BioCorneum or Embrace) are suggested for managing scars. However, we recommend you wait to use scar improving products until a few weeks following your surgery.
Scar and bump treatment with dermapen
As with any nonsurgical treatment, it's difficult to predict how many sessions one would need to see an improvement.
Microneedling for scars
- You should have no scar treatment until 6 months after surgery.
- Microneedling will not smooth out BBL lumps - that is from the injection of fat under the skin.
- It may help a breast lift scar - but it depends on what the problem is.
- I suggest you ask your plastic surgeon abut care of your scars.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.