Dermapen also for ACNE ?

hello , im thinking on getting Dermapen Treatment to my skin. i have always light active acne ... is Dermapen for ongoing acne also or only for acne sars ? thank you

Microneedling for acute pustular acne

The current trend is to use microneedling for acute acne lesions. Stay tuned and you will see more and more providers performing microneedling for acute acne. 

Microneedling, as you know, works well for acne scars.

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Microneedling for acne

Our office has performed hundreds if not over a thousand of MN treatments and up until a month ago avoided treating skin with active acne.  I recently was at a meeting in Los Angeles where several of my colleagues stated they treat right over acne lesions with great results.  We started doing this and were amazed that it actually cleared a lot of papulopustular acne up in the process of addressing scars as well.  Patients were very happy as well.  I don't recommend it for severely inflamed acne nor acne that needs isotretinoin or on patients currently using or recently completing isotretinoin.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling for Acne Scars

Micro needling with PRP is quickly becoming an effective way to manage acne scars.  Micro needling is not meant to control or treat your acne.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with acne for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Microneedling for acne

Thank you for asking about your acne.

Microneedling is not used to treat acne but acne scars
If your acne outbreaks are minimal, microneedling might be fine.
You do need an examination to know.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

In my practice we do a combination approach to get best results.  I do microneedling/PRP And laser on many younger patients for aging prevention, scarring requires much more aggressive approach in most cases.  Best, Dr. Emer.