5 day post op Liposuction, still not feeling 100%. Any suggestions?

My fifth day of lipo and im still not feeling 100 %. They took out 5liters I believe of fat from my flanks, abdomen, and back. I feel dizzy a lot at random times, nauseous , and tachycardia. I am drinking Keflex which says those can be symptoms. Normally how should you be on your fifth day? I already had 4 lymphatic massages and ive been eating meat and healthy. Also when I wake up I feel like all my organs are stuck together and it hurts to breath and I get dizzy until I walk a little.

Post Liposuction Dizziness

I am 2 weeks post liposuction myself and not feeling 100%.  I suggest speaking to your physician and having him evaluate you.  I am sure it is just recovery that is taking longer than most, but you likely need an evaluation or some more rest.   Best, Dr. Emer.

Hello

Hello, every patient heals differently. But after 5 ltrs of liposuction its normal to feel all those symptoms. The dizziness and tachycardia are the result of the lowering in your hemoglobin level. Keep hydrating and eating right and you'll be ok in no time. Best wishes 

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Post operative dizziness and tachycardia after liposuction

Your symptoms are most commonly associated with dehydration considering the volume of fat removed. However, increased heart rate can be a sign of something more serious such as a pulmonary embolism. I encourage you to contact your surgeon for further evaluation. 

What should I do about dizziness after #liposuction ?

Hi Silva, Thank you for your question.  I urge you to speak directly with your plastic surgeon about your post operative dizziness and other symptoms.  Your surgeon can best be your guide.  Very best to you. -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction recovery at 5 days

Dizziness and tachycardia are not normal 5 days after liposuction. It could represent dehydration or worse.  Best to speak with you surgeon or see him in person.  Good luck.

Recovery after liposuction

Sorry to hear how you are feeling after liposuction.  As a surgeon, I always worry when I see my patient after surgery as to what part of the normal healing process versus something more serious.  I would definitely be in close contact with your surgeon and his staff to report how you are feeling.  While it is normal to have discomfort after liposuction, some of your symptoms may suggest you could dehydrated, reacting to medications or possibly something more serious such as bleeding.  It would be best if you are evaluated by your surgeon who should be able to guide you as to how to help manage your symptoms or assess if there is something more serious going on.  Best of luck.

Recovery after liposuction

High-volume liposuction is quite an invasive procedure.

Having 5 L of tissue removed is a substantial stressor on the body.

This is why most safety guidelines recommend patients be hospitalized if more than 5 L are removed.

You should contact your plastic surgeon.

When that amount of volume is removed, it is a good idea to communicate daily with your plastic surgeon.

Please confirm with your plastic surgeon that he or she recommends lymphatic massages at this time.

I personally do not encourage my patients to undergo massages early after liposuction for multiple reasons.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Still tired after 5 days after large liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Please contact your plastic surgeon.
  • You need to be examined and the cause of the dizziness determined -
  • It could be dehydration, blood loss, medication - to name just a few possibilities.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Five days out from liposuction

I'd check with your plastic surgeon about those symptoms. It might be dehydration.  You had a large amount of liposuction.  Remember all surgery is a calculated trauma as far as your body is concerned.  The problem is that your body does not look at trauma base upon the type of tissue "beat up on" but the volume of tissue beat up on.  The greater the tissue trauma the larger the "punk out" factor.  Recovery is prolong with a great amount of trauma. 

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

5 Days Post Op Liposuction

Based on the information you have shared, you had a large liposuction surgery.  It takes time to get back to normal.  Continue a healthy diet with lots of fluids.  Also, please contact your Plastic Surgeon and inform him of your condition as soon as possible.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD