Compression Garment Unbearable. (photo)

I am 6 days post op. I had no bruising but I did have swelling. Surgeon told me not to wear the Faja for 3 days and now that I've been wearing it, it is unbearable. I have actually started bruising... I barely talk cause it is hard to breathe, I can't sleep with it, it cuts into my ribs and when I take it off my ribs are sooo sore. What do I do? I won't be seeing my surgeon till Thursday.

Compression garments after liposuction

Compression garments are important. You may want to get refitted for a new compression garment. I would also suggest Swellx to minimize swelling. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Garmet problems

Whatever you do, do not go without a compression garment.  This is the worst thing you can do.  You should see your doctor sooner, or at least see someone at the office for another garment.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment Unbearable

Your compression garment should not cause that type of pain. The garments come in sizes, and you may need a larger one. Contact your surgeon with this concern.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Compression is essential in my post-operative protocol. I suggest speaking with your physician if you have irritation from your garments, you can be refitted for something more comfortable, as compression garments should not cause unbearable pain. Best, Dr. Emer