Compression Garment Unbearable. (photo)

I am 6 days post op. I had no bruising but I did have swelling. Surgeon told me not to wear the Faja for 3 days and now that I've been wearing it, it is unbearable. I have actually started bruising... I barely talk cause it is hard to breathe, I can't sleep with it, it cuts into my ribs and when I take it off my ribs are sooo sore. What do I do? I won't be seeing my surgeon till Thursday.

Compression Garment Unbearable

Your compression garment should not cause that type of pain. The garments come in sizes, and you may need a larger one. Contact your surgeon with this concern.

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Compression is essential in my post-operative protocol. I suggest speaking with your physician if you have irritation from your garments, you can be refitted for something more comfortable, as compression garments should not cause unbearable pain. Best, Dr. Emer