Canthopexy or Canthoplasty to make eyes appear wider? (photo)

I feel the inner corner of my eyes are very small giving me a slightly angry/tired look. I would like for them to be more open and bigger, maybe more turned up at the corners too, to help match my long face shape. would a canthopexy or canthoplasty suit me best? or some other type of procedure? kendall jenners eyes are my ideal look.

Botox or Dysport for Eye Shape

This is a very good question.  Canthopexy or canthoplasty is a procedure usually performed to support thr lower lid if it drops or is predisposed to lower lid malpostion.  Either of these procedures will most likely make your eye appear smaller.  If you are looking for wider eyes, this will be counterproductive.  A quick, easy solution may be to try a little strategic botox or disport injected into the muscles of the lower eyelid below the lateral canthus.  This can often achieve exactly what you are looking for to widen the eyes.  Be cautious that your surgeon doee not inject below the eye near the nose, as this may cause eyelid closure problems

Leave it alone

Hi.  Ms. Jenner's photos show lots of professional make-up and styling help!  Personally, I would tell you to leave your eyelids alone at this time.  They look quite normal, and don't need surgery.  I would suggest,  quite seriously, that you go instead to a professional make-up artist, and have them try to duplicate Ms. Jenner's make-up look.

Canthopexy or Canthoplasty to make eyes appear wider?

Sorry to say I would turn you down to do these operations upon you as seen in the posted photos... ///

“What makes the eye appear big”

When patients speak about the size of their eyes, or a desire to make them appear wider they are generally talking about the white (or sclera) of their eyeball. Generally, prominent eyes have a lot of white showing, and deep set or “beady” eyes have minimal white showing. The amount of white showing can be altered during a lower blepharoplasty procedure by positioning the lateral triangle (or canthus) higher or lower on the outside rim of your eye socket. This will affect the appearance of the sad or forlorn look that comes with what’s called a negative canthal tilt. There are a variety of other components to any thorough assessment of the eyelid region that affect the “size” or projection of the eye. I’d be very selective in operating on the inner triangle (inner canthal region). The tear drainage system is present in that location. I recommend consultation with a surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

My advice to you is to do nothing. Your eyes look great and there are no procedures that are risk free... 

Roger Bassin, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

You do not need surgery.

The picture demonstrates attractive eyes. I would totally advise you against any elective ocular surgery to change the aperture of the lids.

Complex question.

Kendall Jenner has something going for her that you don't.  She has her eyebrows shaped by a professional.  It is a simple thing that helps make the eyes pop.  Your photo does not show enough of your lower eyelid but it appears that you have some degree of mid face ptosis or perhaps an under eye circle.  The lower eyelid contour  bows slightly under the curvature of the eye.  Canthoplasty or canthopexy will actually make this situation worse.  This procedure is the source of much unhappiness because there procedures lack the power to shape the eyelid contour.  I would strongly discourage you from having botox in the lower eyelid.  I think this has the potential to slump the lower eyelid-not so good.  However, look up my microdroplet botox method which can create a brow lift effect.  No question, the place to start is not with surgery.  Try brow shaping with a brow specialist.  That can make a profound difference.