Is this a burn from lipo or something else? How can I get this to heal? (Photos)

I have spoke with my doctor already. The answer was not clear however I like to seek a second opinion anyway. I was told it had something to do with a tight faja. Everyone else says it's a burn. The skin is very dry and numb. It does not hurt but it is irritating at times. What is the best way to treat this scar and will this be permanent?

Is this a burn from lipo or something else? How can I get this to heal?

Your posted photos are quite concerning. First issue is to obtain burn therapy/treatments (I recommend silvadene cream application and daily whirlpool sessions or seek burn unit outpatient care). Second issue the cause? As your had previously stated in other postings you were overweight and in my eyes NOT a candidate for liposuction with BBL. But you proceeded with an accepting PS to operate upon you. Thus your statistical incidence %s for any compilation were high. Thus you have a burn effect. Next whack type of liposuction was used? It appears asa put guess either VASER to Laser Lipo or maybe Power Assisted lipo? That is important to discover. Because the pattern of the burn appears to follow liposuction patterns/tracks. Third issue is healing. Unfortunately if this becomes a third degree full thickness burn than potential scar formation or even skin grafting surgery would be in the course. Again best to seek out patient burn care. Sorry for your complication....

Liposuction burn?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction burn.

• I am so sorry this happened -
  • It seems in the photo to be some kind of burn or blood vessel injury.
  • A skin burn from a faja seems unlikely, but possible 
  • And exam is needed to decide for sure.
  • A burn would be very unlikely with pulsatile liposuction.
  • Did you have a laser or vaser liposuction? 
  • Keep it covered weth a bland ointment, such as Aquaphor
  • Do not use a faja until you have your second opinion asa pressure can damage healing burned skin.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS