Can I get Botox just one day after Dermaroller?

Can I get botox just one day after Dermaroller? Dermarolling include my whole face and the botox I would like to get will be for frown area plus jaw muscle. Thank you.

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can get the Dermaroller on your face the day after Botox. 

Hope this helps, 

Botox and Dermaroller

Botox is a fabulous injection but should not be done on the same day as the micro needling.  I suggest you do the Botox the next day after the procedure to avoid any side effects.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Botox.

Botox and Needling -- Can Be Done Same Day

I do this often in my practice on the same day.  Microneedling first then botox.  Best, Dr. Emer.

It depends upon the depth of the "derma roller" treatment. Best to wait at least 4 days before having a toxin injected. 

Getting BOTOX injections after dermaroller

While it is probably safe to get the BOTOX done a day after microneedling, it may be more prudent to wait for a week between procedures in the same area for the following reasons
1. You will have been prescribed applications (ointments/ antibiotic creams/ Aquaphor/ etc) to use frequently on your skin after the dermaroller, while for the BOTOX you will be advised not to touch or handle your skin for 4-6 hours, or even a day, depending on the protocol followed by your clinic.
2. Cleansing prior to injecting BOTOX would involve the use of surgical spirit/ alcohol swab being applied over the area - not a very comfortable thing on skin that recently has been microneedled.
3. If, unfortunately, there is a problem with the forehead BOTOX, say due to wrong placement, your doctor/ you wouldnt be able to differentiate between wrong toxin placement indeed, versus migration due to skin inflammation/ swelling from the Dermaroller. 

I would wait. 
Good luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Botox after dermarolling

Thank you for your question. As long as there is no swelling you can get Botox. In the future, you should get Botox first and then dermarolling.

Botox after Dermaroller

As long as you don't have any swelling after the Dermaroller you can get Botox done. If you do have swelling then you should wait for that to go down before proceeding.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox a day after micro needling?

You should only do Botox after all inflammation following any procedure has subsided.  Doing Botox when there is facial swelling could case the botox to affect areas beyond the injection sites.  I suggest waiting at least 3 or four days.  In the future it is best to do the botox a few days before the micro needling.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox after Dermarolling

Yes, you can absolutely get Botox injections after facial treatments such as dermarolling.  We combine procedures like this with injectables all the time!  Best of luck to you!

Botox and Dermroller

Although there might not be any problem injecting Botox a day after Dermroller for the areas listed above, I prefer to inject  Botox a week to ten days after Dermroller for any inflammation to subside.  Good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD