How soon after Botox and dermal filler can I have ThermiTight on the lower face and neck done?

ThermiTight and Botox/Fillers

Botox and fillers can be done on the same day that the Thermi tight is being performed. The only contraindication would be if the Botox/ Filler is done in the same area that the Thermi procedure is being done, because of the swelling and heat that comes from the treatment. If filler is being placed in the same area that ThermiTight is being performed, it is a good idea to wait about two weeks. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight for facial tightening often is not in the same area as fillers or botox in my NYC practice

As ThermiTight is commonly done on the lower cheeks and neck, and not in the cheekbones, smile folds or marionette lines where fillers are injected, patients in my NYC practice often have both done within two weeks. If there happens to have been some filler in the cheeks where the ThermiTight is performed, there is a theoretical question if the longevity of the filller's effectiveness is affected by the heat produced by ThermiTight, but this has not been proven.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers and ThermiTight

Good questions - you can have ThermiTight done any time with Botox.  The big question is where are the fillers placed? I would wait at least two weeks before considering ThermiTight in an area that recently had fillers.  The ThermiTight procedure can generate temperatures beneath the skin that may affect the duration of your fillers.

Thermi Tight after Filler & Botox

The first question is where was your filler and botox placed?  If you had filler in the cheeks , you may want to wait at least 2 weeks since often a compression garment is used for head and neck after ThermiTight of the neck and lower face.  I would also wait at least 2 weeks after the Botox as long as it was on the upper face.If you had filler on the lower face, I would wait a longer period of time.  I would also not do thermi tight on the neck if you had botox there until it wears off.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Assuming the Botox is not injected into the neck (eg. for neck platysmal bands) and the filler is not injected into the lower face / neck, ThermiTight for the lower face / neck could be performed at any time following the injections.  It is always a good idea to let the treating physician know about any other procedures you have had done and when.Best wishes.

Craig S. Rock, MD