What does the package of Juvederm Ultra Plus look like? (Photo)

When I made the appointment I asked for Juvederm Ultra Plus. But after the procedure I realized the package they injected me with read "Juvederm Ultra". I asked what it was that I got injected, ultra or ultra plus and she said "Oh, this is Juvederm Ultra Plus, its just we buy them in bulk and each individual package only says Juvederm Ultra" Is that true? It sounded like a lie.

Juvederm Ultra vs. Ultra Plus

It sounds like you were injected with Juvederm Ultra, not Ultra Plus. The packaging is different, and it should have read 'Juvederm Ultra Plus' on the box. We buy in bulk as well, and what she told you is not true. 

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Packaging

The Juvederm Family of Fillers in the US includes Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm UltraPlus XC, and Juvederm Voluma XC. Each box is packaged with 2 individually wrapped 1 mL syringes of filler. Each package will be labeled appropriately. I would be suspicious in your situation. The box should have been labeled Juvederm UltraPlus. I would call the injector and ask for the lot # and expiration of the filler you were injected with and then confirm with Allergan (the makers of Juvederm) whether this was in fact legitimate product.

Juvederm is always packaged in well marked boxes of 2 syringes

I would be concerned. We often make large purchases, and legal purchases in the US always have Juvederm  packaged in boxes of 2 syringes. Each box is also correctly labeled with Plus XC or Ultra Plus XC. Juvederm syringes never comes packaged invididually in bulk. Sounds like an illegal internet purchase.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Fake Filler?

Thank you for your question.  The packaging for Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus is very similar.  However, while they are two different products they can typically be used interchangeably.  Even when we buy the products in bulk (more than 100 boxes at a time) the products are packaged in different boxes.  Please see our Facebook page where I will post the different boxes.
I am sorry that your injector did not tell you the truth.  I hope you will consider finding a more ethical, expert injector in the future.
Best of luck,Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.Houston, Texas
#botched, #filler, #Juvederm, #Voluma, #Vobella, #Volift, #Botox, #Allergan, #Restylane, #Dysport, #Galderma, #Radiesse, #Belotero, #Merz, #cosmetics, #aesthetics, #nonsurgical, #noninvasive, #expert, #expertinjector, #plasticsurgery, #dermatology, #Houston, #Texas, #Chilukuri

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Package Label

Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus look similar but the packages are labeled specifying Ultra and Ultra Plus. For lip augmentation I often prefer Juvederm Ultra but it varies based on individual need. 
Dr. Kathleen Morno

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Juvederm Packaging

Juvederm Ultra Plus will be labeled accordingly with the "plus" included in the name. I suggest returning to your injector and discussing your concerns. Both fillers can be used to augment the lips. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvederm Ultra and UltraPlus

You were correct,they are two different packaged fillers.  Ultra is for finer lines like lips, while Ultra Plus is for nasolabial folds and areas that need more volume with a larger molecule hyluronic acid.

Chad Robbins, MD

Ultra vs Ultra plus

Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus are separately packaged with distinct labeling on every package. They look similar but each box has two individually packaged syringes with the proper labels.

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

What does the package of Juvederm Ultra Plus look like?

There is a number of dermal fillers under the "Juvederm" line but they all come prepackaged in single syringe blister packs labeled with their specific name.  I would question your injector and ask to see the product packaging next time.  

Hmmm. That is strange. The boxes and syringes do look similar but they are always appropriately labeled. Allergan does not ship bulk syringes. They are always shipped individually wrapped and two syringes in a box. There's something troubling to me about your injector's explanation. Best. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon