Do I need to used sunscreen indoors after a Fraxel Treatment?

Hi, i got a fraxel repair on monday, so 4 days ago, i was very comfortable in my house just applying vaseline to hydrate my skin, but now im reading that all this time i should been using sunscreen even if im inside the house? im getting super paranoid, Can somone help me? i dont look through the windows or something like that

Sunscreen indoors after CO2 laser resurfacing?

I don't think it is necessary to use sunscreen indoors after the re:pair. Sun protection is important to prevent hyperpigmentation and to allow for best healing. Darker skin types might need a preventative treatment with hydroquinones during the healing process.

Sunscreen after Fraxel

Sunscreen is not required indoors after Fraxel treatment. I do recommend my patients wear sunscreen anytime they are outdoors, and especially in the weeks post-Fraxel treatment I do encourage my patients to use plenty of sunscreen on the newly revealed and healing skin. 

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sunscreen after Fraxel Treatments

Hello. Thank you for your question.  Sunscreen is not required indoors after a fraxel treatment.  However, it is needed when going outdoors and should be applied generously as your skin is very sensitive after such treatments. We wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely,
Dr. Fernau and his staff

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post Fraxel Treatment for Healing

I find that silicone based scar gels with growth factors are best post fraxel. Sunscreen would need to be applied before sun exposure. I suggest consulting with your dermatolgist for any post-treatment concerns. Best, Dr. Emer

Sunscreen after Fraxel treatment

I don't think you need to use sunscreen indoors after Fraxel treatment but it is an absolute must when you step out into the sun.