Is my top lip over corrected on top? (photos)

It has been 7 days that I had restylane injected in my top and bottom lip. I do not know how much was injected. I feel like the top lip sticks out too much. Could I still be swollen or is this pretty much my final result? My lips also feel tingly, I never had this feeling before when injected. My lips feel tight and large. This is causing me so much anxiety as I look like I had something done and that is not what I wanted.

Restylane Lip Injections

At 7 days, you may still be experiencing some swelling, but don't worry! If it doesn't go down, your doctor can always inject with a little hyaluronidase enzyme and partially dissolve the Restylane. Make sure that your doc is experienced in the use of hyaluronidase. If he or she is not, you should find someone who is. Hope that helps!

Too early

you may have little overbite that exaggerate the filler over the upper lip. If still not happy after another week please see your doctor for evaluation and possible reversal by Wydaze. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

7 days out after Restylane treatment. Am I still swollen?

It's quite possible that you are still swollen from the treatment.  We always advise that it takes up to two weeks for the swelling to completely go down.  Try to be patient while the sensation and swelling should improve in the coming days ahead.  The good news is, that it's not permanent and can be dissolved if necessary. Be well

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Restylane

Thank you for your question Beesgirl. Restylane is a product that can be used to enhance the lips. After any injectable treatment, there is a risk for bruising and swelling, which can last up to two weeks. Applying cold compresses can help decrease swelling. I have my patients return to the office after two weeks to assess their final results. Patience is important. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Overfill of lips with Restylane?

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You might still have some swelling, so wait another week to judge. There are also the possibilities that you had too much injected or your front teeth cause your upper lip to protrude. Fortunately, Vitrase can be used to dissolve the product if it is necessary.  Good luck,

Restylane and Results -- Reverse with Hyalurondase

Swelling due to Restylane usually takes 2-3 weeks to subside. It takes a few weeks to see the final outcome and I suggest you wait to see how it all settles. After this time if you are unhappy with results you can reverse with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip enhancement

Give it one more week.  If you do not like the results see your surgeon again, hyaluronidase can be injected. Good luck, Jane.