Are Skin Boosters Restylane Vital for wrinkly tummy area safe and effective? (photo)

Tummy tuck is not an option. I have found a local doctor who has recommended skin boosters Restylane Vital to improve the texture of the skin which stretched after child birth and a significant weight loss. Will it do much to improve texture of the skin? More importantly is there a risk getting the fillers in this area? Thank you.

Tummy tuck not possible - what about skin boosters?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck substitute.
  • You will need about 10 syringes of Restylane to get any signficant smoothing of the skin - cost will be close to $5000. It will last 6 months and unless you are very rich, is a waste of time and money.
  • Hard as it is, I suggest you focus on weight loss and fitness and keep the Restylane money in your bank to use towards a future tummy tuck or something else of permanent value.
  • A tummy tuck is what you will need to get improvement.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Fillers will not fix the actual problem in the tummy area

I would advise against putting fillers in your tummy, as I think based on your picture- you would do exceptionally well with a few microneedling treatments. Microneedling treatments can be great for improving skin texture and the appearance of stretch marks. Filler will add volume and plump up those areas creating a potentially “smooth” appearance, but not fixing the actual problem which is skin laxity.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Are Skin Boosters Restylane Vital for wrinkly tummy area safe and effective

no risk at all except to your wallet from spending large amounts of money and seeing very little return.  gaining weight would probably smooth out the skin better than any injection, but then you've gained weight again. sometimes there is no easy treatment.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon