How long after a tummy tuck can I get a Brazilian wax? (photo)

I get Brazilian waxes every four weeks. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair on April 29 and suppose to go get a Brazilian wax May 21st. Is this too soon? Do I need to wait until I'm at least 6 weeks post op or will I be ok?

Waxing after a tummy tuck

I would recommend waiting 4-6 weeks after your tummy tuck for waxing to help prevent any disturbance with your healing.

Timing of a brazilian wax after a tummy tuck.

It is always best to ask your Plastic Surgeon when the best time is to restart your brazilian wax routine. It typically is 6-8 weeks, but I recommend to my patients that they not have waxing along the tummy tuck incision for at least 8-12 weeks because the trauma from the waxing can irritate the scar. You can always shave until your surgeon feels its safe.
Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

How long after a tummy tuck can I get a Brazilian wax?

This is a great question dfor the operative surgeon to respond to. Best to cal or see him/her with this issue.... 

Brazilian wax after tummy tuck

Thank you for your picture. I don't think waiting 4 versus 6 weeks makes a difference in my mine. You should ask this question directly to your operating surgeon.

This should be directed to the plastic surgeon who is taking care of you. Follow all of his or her instructions.

Robert Singer , MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Instructions after surgery

Your best advice for post-operative care and instructions will come from your surgeon - who is after all the person to whom you entrusted your surgical care.

I always recommend my patients to wait until the incision is fully healed 6-8 weeks at least--- but you should always consult with your surgeon first.

Brazilian Wax post tummy tuck

Check with your plastic surgeon. Waxing can be unsanitary. Consider laser hair removal instead. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon