List of things needed for a TT, BL, and BLL?

Every time I look at surgery prices I know there are other fees that are not included and items that the patient needs to buy. In order to budget myself right (since I plan to travel for my surgeries) what other costs are there for a TT, BL, or BBL? Such as massages, garments, lotions, medications, etc...etc....Any help?

All inclusive quotes vs hidden costs for surgery

Thanks for your question about prices and hidden costs for surgery.

What is included with a plastic surgery quote can be different depending on the surgeon and practice policies. I work to offer quotes that are customized to meet each patient’s needs and goals and are as all-inclusive as possible. These quotes include pre-op and post-op appointments, follow-up care, operating room and anesthesia fees, medications, garments and peri-operative light touch therapy to reduce swelling. Potential costs not covered would include certain labs or tests (such as blood work or mammograms) outside of our office, if they are needed.

Other costs to consider outside of the surgical quote would be a consultation fee for your initial appointment as well as nutritional preparation prior to surgery, such as increased protein intake and vitamin supplements, including a multi-vitamin, B12, Iron, and Vitamin D.

After surgery, you may also opt for scar care treatments, such as gels or appointments with a medical aesthetician, to soften and reduce the appearance of the surgical scars.

Hope this helps.

Nick Slenkovich MD, FACS

What to Bring

Stop using Multivitamin (because the vitamine A and E promote the bleeding) at least 2 weeks before your surgery.

What you should bring:

1. Iron, Vitamin C, Complex B., omeprazol, tylenol, advil.

2. Feminine Pads

3. Compression socks

4. Body wipes

5. Face towels

6. Tooth paste,

7. Tooth brush,

8. Mouth wash (preferably the travel size).

9.Flat Shoes

10. Summer dresses about 3 or 4

11. One cotton tank

12. Laptop, Ipad or cellphone

13. If you have diabetic bring your Gluco Test. They could be required during the stay at home recovery.

14. Bring constipation pills, usually after surgery is necessary. Also you can buy it here.

15. If you have asthma bring the drugs for nebulization. They could be required during your time at the home recovery.

16.Abdominal Board

17. Epi Foam

18. Boppy pillow (BBL)

Extra things you may need:

1. Package of 6 white tees
2. 1 package of 6 cushion ankle socks
3. 1 plush throw
4. Arnica cream
5. 3 bars dial soap
5. Neosporin
6. Antibacterial hand wipes
7. Wet cleansing towelettes.
8. Dulcolax
9. Tylenol, Advil
10. Rose mosqueta oil
11. Bio oil 2 oz.
12. Adhesive tape
13. Gauze pads
14. Latex gloves (2 box)
15. Travel size toiletries at Walmart comes with toothbrush/paste, shampoo, conditioner, mini comb, deodorant, lotion. You can also bring makeup and hair bands)
16. Adult diapers (if you will has BBL)
17. Loofah
18. Female urinal

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Hidden Prices with Surgery

A surgical quote should list exactly what in included. A mommy makeover should include surgeons fees, OR fees, a board-certified anesthesiologist administering anesthesia, and an overnight stay with medical observation. The cost should also include all post operative visits. I include a medical grade surgical garment and laser treatments to help minimize scarring and accelerate the healing of surgical scars. Pre-operative labwork is not included in the price of surgery, but it is often covered by insurance

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Contingency plan if you are traveling out of the country for surgery

If you are traveling out of the country for your surgery have a contingency plan if you have complications after surgery.  

Cost of a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• The surgeon doing your surgery should be able to give you a cost for everything involved.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes

Additional costs

Thank you for your question.  I recommend that you address this with your operating surgeon directly as the opinion regarding post- and pre-op protocol differs from surgeon to surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

List of things needed for a TT, BL, and BBL?

In general, the added cost of massages, garments, lotions and medications should be quite small in comparison to the cost of your surgical procedure.  However, if you plan to travel for the procedure, be certain to plan to stay in the area longer than expected, just in case there is a complication.  Also, check with your surgeon for their recommendations if you develop a problem once you have returned home.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Supplies needed for tummy tuck, breast lift and BBL

Thank you for your question.  Our practice supplies the garment for your tummy tuck but we advise the patients to purchase the sports bra and buttock spandex they prefer. Other supplies you would need are maxi pads, antibiotic ointment, ginger ale, stool softener, saltine crackers, soups and soft foods for the first few days.  

Contact your surgeon for the supplies their practice suggests.

Best of luck to you,