Will laser lipo be enough to flatten a pseudobursa? (Photos)

The area is hard and often causes me to be bloated. It seems most Drs want to lipo it but from what I understand the best way to deal with it is to have it removed. I will be happy with laser lipo if I know that cosmetically it will fix the problem. What are possible reasons that I am constantly getting suggestions to have it lipod and not completely removed?

Upper abdominal fullness

Thank you for your post. I'm wondering if you've had any prior surgery on your abdomen? That area looks to me more like what is called "diastasis" where the abdominal wall muscle layer is stretched (usually w/ pregnancy). Tummy tuck surgery is usually required to fix that. I'd probably want to get an ultrasound test to make sure it truly is an area of fatty tissue that liposuction could actually get to and help. Best wishes to you.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Options

Lipo is an easier procedure and leaves minimal scars. 
Surgical excision is a big procedure with a big recovery.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

you may need the muscle tightened there. I suggest a formal consultation to determine if lipo alone would help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

It depends on the problem

from your photo, to me, it looks like you had a tummy tuck and still have a muscle bulge in the upper abdomen.  But, hard to tell from a photo.  If it is fat, smartlipo can help.  If it is muscle bulge or an old seroma, smartlipo won't do it. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon