If you have medical issues like type two diabetes, would that prevent a doctor from doing the belly fat surgery?

Liposuction Surgery with diabetes

In most cases if your only medical issue is diabetes ,  as long as you are well controlled and your hgA1C is below 7 , you should be cleared for the treatment. If you have any other comorbidities they will have to be addressed by your surgeon prior to treatment 

Liposuction Surgery with diabetes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Diabetes and Smartlipo.

As long as your sugars are controlled, laser lipo under local anesthesia is very safe.   You should have no problems as long as you receive medical clearance.

Diabetes and Smartlipo.

Diabetes

Hi,

your diabetes needs to be well controlled before a surgeon will proceed safely with surgery. Your HgbA1C should be less than 7.0

Diabetes

Hi,

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You need to be cleared medically to have any liposuction or cosmetic procedure.  Just because someone has diabetes it doesn't mean they cannot proceed.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Diabetes and cosmetic surgery

Thank you for your question. I think it depends on how well-controlled your medical conditions are. Procedures such as liposuction that are relatively noninvasive (that is, very small incisions and can be performed without general anesthesia) can be done safely in patients with Type II diabetes. But, you have to be under tight blood sugar control, and demonstrate that over a period of time using the hemoglobin A1C measurements. If you require insulin, I would avoid any unnecessary surgery. If you are well-controlled by diet and oral medications, you may be a candidate. I'd meet with a local plastic surgeon for advice on your case. Best wishes.

Diabetes and cosmetic surgery